When I came to the dojo Matt had all the fans running, but there was a burning smell in the hallway, like if you had too much grease or oil in the oven and it was hot enough to start burning it off.
We looked around for something burning but found nothing. I went in to change and while putting my shorts on heard Matt yell something about a fire. He told me of eight inch flames spitting out of the fan while he reached to unplug it.
I came out of the dressing room to see a small fire around the motor of the fan and Matt nowhere in sight (he’d gone to find a fire extinguisher. While Matt was collecting the fire extinguisher I picked the fan up and carried it outside.
The only loss was the fan, I pulled the electric cord out of it so nobody would plug it back in and wonder where that burning smell was coming from.
We worked some guard passes and sweeps, and played around a bit with triange choke and arm locks.
Also, Wednesday we worked chokes a bunch. My voice was a bit hoarse for a good half hour.